Monday 22 November 2010

Sound + Music

I'm not too sure about all the rules surrounding copyright and such, and the 'useful' website posted appears to be not so useful to myself.
I have pretty much decided what music and sound I want incorporated into the OTS, borrowing inspiration from Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction.
Our main setting for the OTS is a bar, it's an old boating pub in wells, which has a nice nostalgic yet modern affair going on. To bring together both modern (the pub) and old, I would like to use the song 'Girl, you'll be a woman soon' (Urge Overkill) in the background. This song has a really nice western rocky feel too it, and contrasts with modern chart music. Yet it will also be appropriate to the modern themes in our feature.
Some of the sound effects in the Kill Bill films really appealed to me when I watched the movies, being a massive Tarentino fan, I would like to use some of them. I really like the 'whistle song' in the film as it has really quite a joyful sound to it, yet in the films it's used in moments of violence. The 'dramatic' music effect (linked below) I also want to use, for the ending of the piece. I would like to somehow figure out how to get a split screen effect for the end of the OTS and use this music over it. We're going to play around with some of these effects to see what we can fit in.

Links;
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7sENFMLHIg 'Girl, you'll be a woman soon', Urge Overkill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENyGj_NQKkU The 'whistle song', Kill Bill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54vtXRI32MQ Dramatic effect music, I couldn't find the original video for the sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment