Thursday 20 January 2011

Audience

Part of my research needs to involve investigating the viewing habits and preferred reading of different audiences, this will ensure that we;
a) deliver a product that our audience will enjoy
b) are efficient in producing a real media text for a specific audience

In order to achieve this I need to carry out the following tasks:

  1. What kind of people watch film noir
  2. Is it a genre that has a niche or mainstream audience
  3. How can I produce something that people will want to see
  4. How are film noir texts distributed and exhibited
  5. Do I want my film to be exhibited on television, cinema, or virally
  6. How do people respond to different representations of character or location
  7. What critical theories will apply to my production e.g users and gratification model or cultivation theory. This will allow me to demonstrate the theoretical level that is necessary to achieve an A grade
The instruments and methods that I will use to find this information are as follows;
  1. Questionnaire based on what ages and types of people prefer certain genres and directors. This will be distributed on paper and the results shall be formed into a visual aid to help us understand our audience. 
  2. Facebook poll on how many people have heard of/watched a film noir.
  3. Facebook poll on whether our OTS story sounds appealing to watch or not.
  4. Tumblr/Facebook ask on where people like to view media productions, e.g cinema, internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment