Tuesday 11 January 2011

My role in our production + Storyboard

In our production and planning I have taken more of a directorial role, this includes production and development of ideas as well as physical directing with filming. 
I've found that creating ideas for our piece comes most easily to me, as I watch an unreasonable amount of films. I believe that if you've watched a large amount of diverse material, that you will have a better picture of what styles suit you and what you would like to conform to.  Music is also very important to me, so when looking at a piece I can automatically assign it certain songs and such. This is useful as whilst going through our shots, I can give advice as to what pieces of music or sounds to use, and what styles to borrow from different media productions I have viewed. We still need to decide on two further songs, and a few sound effects. As each of our characters is introduced in the sequence, the music alters to suit their personality. We have Champ and Butch to assign music to as yet.
We're filming our main scene on Sunday evening, so that should be a good chance to see how I cope with directing quite a large group of people.






Storyboard of OTS:
(clearer when full screen)

No comments:

Post a Comment